Shameful Self-Promotion
Shameful, as in, "full of shame," not "disgraceful." Yes, that is the archaic use of the word, but it fits my purposes. So :-P.I am not a born saleswoman. I LOVE my store, and I LOVE the products I sell. Sometimes I want to keep them all for myself.
But I have such a hard time promoting the store to other people. It's just not me.
Yesterday I dropped off a "ghia gift basket" as a donation for a silent auction. The woman running the auction asked me about my store and the gift basket. I really wanted to be like, "I'm great! My store is great! Buy buy buy!" Instead, I was like, "Um, hereyougohereisthegiftbasketokaybye."
Sigh....
Same thing with The Best of Nashville. I have been asking some people to vote for ghia as Best New Retail Store and Best Place to Buy a Gift. However, despite the fact I think my store rocks, I feel ashamed about promoting it like this.
Anyways.....
Here's my next round of shameful self-promotion:
Labels: Shameless Commerce, Shopping


1 Comments:
Be shameful with your self-promotion.
No one else will be your advocate, your carnival barker or your biggest fan but you.
It sounds like you have a great place. You've put a lot of time and energy into it.
Preach it. It's worthy of preaching. :)
And, next time I'm in Nashville, I'm going to stop by.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home